March 13, 2020
DeSoto Palms Assisted Living, a KR Management community, is ready and prepared for emergencies and unexpected events, and we have detailed plans in place that prioritize the health and wellness of our residents and staff. Maintaining the health and safety of our residents is our number one priority.
We know that many are concerned about the spread of COVID-19 and how it may impact our facility. At this time, we do not have any cases at DeSoto Palms Assisted Living.
KR Management and its communities are implementing precautionary measures and steps based on recommendations from The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to help reduce the potential of COVID-19 from entering our building. Our associates are trained in infection control practices and follow strict protocol based on that training.
We are closely monitoring official resources as we continue to practice our policies and procedures for contagious illness.
What we have done:
- Suspended all events that invite visitors into our communities until further notice.
- Canceled all sponsored outings and group events.
- Communicating regularly with our residents and their families, staff members, visitors, and vendors, on precautions they can take and how they can help limit the spread of illness.
- Posting website updates.
- Focusing on staff prevention and emergency action plans.
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitation protocol.
At this time, we are requesting that family and friends do not visit our community. We are acting out of an abundance of caution as we limit all visitors to our facility unless absolutely necessary. Signs are posted on the outside of our entryways to notify visitors, and we are actively screening those who enter the building.
We are following experts’ recommendations to take action to limit individuals from entering our building and to ensure sick employees stay home.
If a confirmed case did occur, we would continue to act in full compliance with the CDC, local and state health authorities and will follow guidelines of health officials to minimize exposure and continue following personal protection protocols.
What you can do:
- Please take extra care to help your neighbors by washing your hands often; avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth; and staying in your residence if you feel sick.
- To further protect yourself, frequently touched surfaces in your residence can be cleaned with a cleaning spray or wipes, following manufacturer’s instructions.
- Limit contact with others.
According to the CDC- “If you are at higher risk for serious illness from COVID-19 because of your age or because you have a serious long-term health problem, it is extra important for you to take actions to reduce your risk of getting sick with the disease.”
What we know about Coronavirus:
- Chinese public health authorities identified a novel coronavirus not previously seen.
- The virus causes fever and respiratory symptoms.
- This outbreak is being actively investigated by public health authorities.
- Coronaviruses may spread through the air, by close personal contact and by touching an object or surface with the virus on it and then touching your mouth, nose or eyes before washing your hands.
We will continue to update you on any news, emerging issues, or scheduling changes. Please visit our website and Facebook account for additional updates.
- Click here to read more about who is at higher risk for becoming very sick from COVID-19 and how to be prepared.
- For more information on coronavirus and the latest updates, visit The American Health Care Association.
- Click here for a message from the chief medical officer of The American Health Care Association.